Many BDOA members will be aware that Richard Morgan was an important member of the Music Team at St. Mary’s for almost 30 years. They will also know that a celebration of Richard’s life was held earlier in the year at St. Mary, Redcliffe. What may be less well-known is that he was a key member of our organ project team during the two years before his untimely death when the organ was in a very poor condition.
It has always been our intention to remember Richard at St. Mary’s and we have decided to combine this with the first ‘official’ recital on the restored and enlarged organ. It is a matter of great regret that Richard did not live to play this instrument.
We will also be explaining the Richard Morgan Memorial Fund to those present.
The schedule is:
3.00pm Recital given by Andrew Kirk, Director of Music, St. Mary, Redcliffe
- Imperial March – Edward Elgar (1857-1934)
- Chaconne-Sarabande-Aria – G F Handel (1685-1759)
- Suite Gothique – Leon Boellmann (1862-1897)
Introduction Chorale – Menuet – Priere a Notre Dame – Toccata
- Master Tallis’s Testament – Herbert Howells (1892-1983)
- Prelude in G BWV 541 – J S Bach (1685-1750)
- Song of Sunshine – Alfred Hollins (1865-1942)
- Sortie in E flat – Louis James Alfred Lefebure-Wely (1817-1869)
4.00pm Afternoon Tea
4.30pm Choral Evensong with the choir of St. Mary, Fishponds
BDOA members will then be welcome to try the organ.
John Anson, Director of Music, St Mary’s Fishponds